Promote My Website: 10 Tips For Success
Building your own website doesn’t take much effort, but if you want to maximize its effectiveness, you’ll need to promote it—that is, use social media and other promotional strategies to make it visible in search engines like Google.
This guide on how to promote my website will give you 10 helpful tips, each of which can help you attract more visitors and keep them coming back over and over again. Here’s what you’ll learn.
1) Build it and they will come
You've created a website and now you're wondering how to get people to actually visit it.
You don't need to spend a lot of money on marketing or SEO
There are a lot of free ways to promote your website. Here are some tips to get more traffic to your site:
- Have compelling content that offers an alternative perspective, breaks new ground, offers unique insight, or shares something people might not know about.
- Create an attractive design that is easy to read and includes important details.
- Build a loyal audience by providing value and communicating frequently with them. They will be interested in what you have to say because they care about what you do.
- Publish regular blog posts so that visitors know when they can come back for fresh content.
- Offer new material every day, at least three times per week, but don't overwhelm your readers with too much information all at once.
- Share insights and ideas related to your business niche.
- Talk about the latest trends in the industry, provide case studies, publish interviews with experts, or give expert advice.
- Connect with other websites that may have overlapping audiences.
- Send guest articles their way to help each other out and grow the reach of both sites.
- Participate in online communities where potential customers hang out like LinkedIn groups or Google+ communities.
- Share content that others will find interesting as well as talk about your own work products (e.g., a recent post).
- Post comments on blogs related to your topic area and make friends who may one day become loyal followers of yours.
2) Let people know about it
1. Get the word out there about your website. Tell your friends, family, and co-workers about it and ask them to spread the word.
2. Use social media to promote your website. Create a profile for your website on popular social networking sites and make sure to include a link to your site in your profile.
3. Use search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to help people find your website when they search for related topics on the web.
4. Register your website with directories and search engines so people can find it more easily online.
5. Advertise your website using online or offline methods. You can purchase ads on websites or in newspapers or you can hand out flyers in busy areas promoting your site.
6. Keep your website updated by adding new content at least once a week.
7. Keep an eye on how many visitors are coming to your website each day, which pages they're viewing most often, and what keywords they're typing into search engines to find your site.
8. Optimize your website design to entice visitors and provide compelling reasons for them to stay around awhile.
Include lots of graphics and images that will attract attention and get people interested in what you have to offer.
3) Use compelling images
As the owner of a new website, you may be wondering how to promote your site and get it in front of potential customers.
Luckily, there are a number of ways to do this effectively and without breaking the bank.
Here are tips for successful website promotion:
- Use compelling images that reflect the brand image.
- Find target keywords relevant to what you offer and use them as part of your SEO strategy.
- Don't overuse keywords when creating content on social media posts or blog posts.
- Create engaging visuals or videos with calls to action that can be shared on social media.
- Work on building links through outreach campaigns, guest blogging, etc. to raise search engine rankings.
- Make sure to update your contact information and other pertinent details with sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, etc. so people know where they can find you online.
- Engage on forums where your potential customer base is active and mention your business from time to time.
- Be persistent! It's important not to give up too quickly when promoting a new website. You'll often see progress after months of promoting.
4) Optimize your titles and descriptions
1. Your title should be reflective of the main keyword you want to rank for make sure to include it!
2. Utilize descriptions to not only stuff in keywords, but also to give potential customers a snapshot of what they can expect from your site.
3. Try and use natural language- if it sounds robotic, it probably is, and no one wants that.
4. Don't forget about ALT tags! Whenever you have the opportunity to add keywords in, do so.
5. Create interesting and shareable content- if it's good, people will want to share it, which helps promote your site organically.
6. Give your website some personality- it doesn't need to look like every other website out there. Make it yours!
7. Find link partners and exchange links with them. Linking out gives others the chance to promote your website while linking back helps them promote theirs in return.
8. Respond promptly to comments left on your site or blog posts- when someone takes time out of their day to leave feedback, they deserve an answer (and maybe even a coupon code).
5) Use relevant hashtags
If you're wondering how to promote a new website, there are a few key things you can do to get started.
First, be sure to use relevant hashtags when promoting your website on social media.
This will help potential customers find your site more easily. Additionally, you can promote your website on Google by creating a business listing and using pay-per-click advertising.
Finally, don't forget to promote your website offline as well! Hand out business cards and flyers in local businesses and put up posters in high-traffic areas.
By following these tips, you'll be well on your way to successfully promoting your new website!
Remember to keep promoting your site for the long haul with steady posts that are designed for different audiences.
Promoting your business is an ongoing process, but it's worth it when you see results!
6) Make use of free tools
Google offers a suite of free tools to help with website promotion. Here are some tips on how to use them:
1. Use Google Search Console to track your website's performance in Google search results.
This lets you see how often your site appears in search results, which queries are bringing people to your site, and more.
2. Use Google Analytics to track traffic to your website.
This lets you see how many people are visiting your site, where they're coming from, what they're doing on your site, and more.
3. Use Google AdWords to create and run ads for your website.
Ads can appear on Google search results pages and on websites that partner with Google to show ads.
They'll typically include text (which you write), a link to your site, and an image (which you select).
Ads can be placed on either the right or left side of the page depending on your preference.
The higher the bid amount, the higher the ad will rank. If your bid is outbid by another advertiser - don't worry!
You'll still be charged only if someone clicks your ad or if it shows up in search results because someone searched for one of your keywords.
7) Create an email list
An email list is a great way to keep in touch with your customers and promote your website.
Here are some tips on how to promote my website on Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Reddit, and other social media sites.
First, create an email list to keep in touch with your customers and offer discounts for subscribers only.
Second, add links to all of your social media accounts at the bottom of each blog post or webpage you publish.
Third, set up alerts for when someone mentions you on any social media site by typing Your name + keyword (e.g., My business) into the search bar at the top of that site's page.
Fourthly, ask friends or family members to share posts from your site if they find them interesting enough (not spammy).
Fifthly, don't forget to include links back to your website on every piece of content you publish.
You should also set up custom tabs or pages so visitors can easily find what they're looking for.
And last but not least, always make sure there's a link back to your homepage somewhere on every page you publish!
8) Have a consistent social media presence
Creating and maintaining a social media presence can be key to promoting your website successfully.
By regularly posting interesting and engaging content, you can attract new visitors to your site and keep existing ones coming back for more.
Plus, social media is a great way to build relationships with potential customers and partners.
Here are 10 tips for promoting your website on social media:
1) Research what type of posts are most popular among your target audience. Do they prefer videos or images?
2) Use appropriate hashtags. A hashtag is a word or phrase preceded by the # symbol that makes it easier for others to find specific posts about that topic in their feed.
Popular hashtags include #tbt (Throwback Thursday), #lunchtimequotes and #lunchpics (for food-related posts).
3) Include a call-to-action in every post so people know how they can take action (i.e., click the link in this post).
4) Experiment with different times of day to see which works best for when people are most active on social media.
5) Engage with followers by commenting on their posts and asking questions to spark conversations.
6) Add an RSS feed or Twitter widget to your blog so readers can subscribe and get updates as soon as they happen.
7) Be authentic - make sure that everything you share aligns with who you are and reflects the kind of information your followers will appreciate.
8) Promote other people's content too! It's called being social.
9) Encourage subscribers to share your page/content across social media channels - just make sure not everyone shares at once or it'll look like spam!
10) Don't forget about search engine optimization!
9) Strive for quality over quantity
If you want people to visit and spend time on your website, you need to give them a reason to.
That means having high-quality content that is relevant and engaging.
Promoting your website can be as simple as sharing your content on social media or writing guest posts on other blogs.
But if you want to see real results, you need to put in the effort to create quality content and build meaningful relationships with other webmasters.
By following these tips, you can start promoting your website the right way and see the traffic (and conversions!) start rolling in.
I'll show you how:
1) Create great content
2) Build up an audience
3) Develop relationships with influencers
4) Share your content on social media
5) Use SEO to attract organic visitors
6) Don't forget about paid advertising
7) Make sure your site loads quickly
8) Optimize for mobile devices
9) Add related pages to increase traffic flow
10) Respond to comments promptly
10) Consistency is key
If you want to successfully promote your website, you need to be consistent.
That means posting new content regularly, engaging with your audience, and promoting your site across all your channels.
Here are 10 tips to help you get started on the right foot:
1) Post new content regularly
2) Engage with your audience
3) Promote across all your channels
4) Research what drives the most traffic to websites in your niche
5) Share a link to a blog post on social media when it's published
6) Create a Twitter list of influencers who could share their posts about yours and include them in updates
7) Join Facebook groups related to what you're promoting for extra exposure and engagement opportunities.
8) Schedule tweets ahead of time so they go out at different times throughout the day or week
9) Share YouTube videos related to what you're promoting
10) Get creative! You'll likely find success if you try something different from other sites.