How to Promote a New Website - 10 Top Tips to Get You Started!
How to Promote a New Website - 10 Top Tips to Get You Started!
This guide will help you promote your new website, drive traffic to it, and boost your search engine rankings.
We’ll cover everything from building your own content marketing strategy to buying ads on Google’s AdWords platform.
If you’re looking for tips on how to promote a new website, then this article is perfect for you.
Find Out if There are Similar Websites
One of the best ways to promote your new website is by writing blogs about it.
This will help get your site indexed by Google and bring in organic traffic.
Plus, if you can guest blog on other people's sites, you'll get even more exposure.
Here are some other great ways to promote your website:
1) Link back to your website from other websites that you write for as an expert.
2) Include links to your website in any emails that you send out about business-related topics (so make sure you're including at least one link).
3) Build relationships with influencers who have large followings on social media or email lists.
4) Create articles with top tips for small businesses or product reviews that mention where they can be purchased from.
5) Create informative videos and share them across different social media platforms (i.e Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
Write Great Copy
1. Write RELEVANT copy
What's the point of writing copy if it's not relevant to your target audience?
Write RELEVANT copy that appeals to the interests of your target market.
2. Write with a PURPOSE
Before you start writing, know what the purpose of your copy is. What do you want people to do after reading it?
Make sure every sentence supports that overall purpose.
3. Use POWERFUL words
The words you use in your headlines and throughout your copy can make a big impact on how effective it is.
Choose words that are powerful and pack a punch.
4. Keep it SIMPLE and EASY TO READ
Don't try to get too fancy with your words or your sentences.
You'll just confuse readers and they'll stop reading.
Simple language paired with shorter sentences will make your content more readable and easier to understand.
5. Provide VALUE by providing helpful information
Including helpful information will provide value for readers which will motivate them to share what they've read with others who might be interested in the topic as well.
6. Include examples, quotes, statistics, etc
The more specific you are about a certain topic, the better chance someone else has of being able to relate and understand it better than if there were no details given at all.
7. Have a professional designer create an attractive logo
The way your site looks will have an impact on whether or not people stick around to explore what you have to offer.
Investing in a quality logo design is worth the investment.
8. Make sure everything loads quickly and easily
Nobody wants to wait around while pages load over and over again--this only frustrates users and sends them running away from your site quicker than ever before.
Your web host should be fast enough so that this doesn't happen, but it never hurts to test out other web hosts as well just in case there's one even faster than the one you're currently using.
Use Social Media
Social media is a powerful tool that can help promote your website. Here are some tips:
1. Use platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to create social media accounts for your website.
2. Make sure to populate these accounts with engaging content that will interest potential website visitors.
3. Use hashtags, post regularly, and tag other relevant accounts in your posts to help increase visibility.
4. Drive traffic to your social media accounts by including links on your website and in email signatures.
5. Use paid advertising on social media platforms to reach even more people with your message.
6. Take advantage of social media analytics tools to track which content is performing well and adjust your strategy accordingly.
Turn Subscribers into Email Marketing Leads
One of the best ways to promote your new website is to turn your subscribers into email marketing leads.
This way, you can stay in touch with them and remind them about your site on a regular basis.
Plus, you can also offer them exclusive deals and discounts that they can't find anywhere else.
Here are some tips on how to do this:
a) Have an opt-in form for your blog so people can subscribe to receive updates from you.
b) Write blog posts where you talk about what's new at your company or website so people will be interested in checking it out.
c) Send emails when there's something special happening, like launching a new product or giving away prizes.
d) Include links back to your site in these emails so people will know where it came from if they decide to click through and take advantage of the offer right away.
e) Put a subscription box at the bottom of every page on your site so visitors have easy access to sign up for updates whenever they want.
Run Contests and Giveaways
One great way to promote your new website is by running contests and giveaways.
This will create a buzz around your site and encourage people to visit and share your content.
Plus, it's a great way to get people engaged with your brand.
Here are some tips on how to run a successful contest or giveaway:
- Ask participants to post a link back to your site in order for them to be eligible for the prize.
- Include the hashtag of the contest in all posts relating to it.
- Create an image that people can use as their profile picture during the contest so they can be easily identified as participants.
- Create some eye-catching graphics for posts about the promotion that is easy for people to repost and tag on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Offer prizes that your target audience would love (don't give away something unrelated).
- Pay attention to trends in what is popular right now and find ways to connect those topics with your site.
- Keep things simple, but don't go too basic either. Make sure people understand what they're signing up for and make sure the rules are clear.
Keep an Eye on Your Competition
Any time you’re trying to promote something, it’s important to keep an eye on your competition.
What are they doing that’s working?
What could you do better?
How can you stand out from the crowd?
If your competitor is big and well-known, maybe you need to play up the little guy angle.
If they're giving away freebies, give away more freebies or make them even more generous.
And if they're not providing any customer service or phone number contact information?
Be the company that puts its customers first by answering all their questions and making sure they're satisfied with their purchase.
Make sure to monitor what people are saying about your company online.
Monitor everything and anything positive or negative reviews, complaints, and feedback then address those issues head-on so that people know you care about what they have to say.
It's always smart to take advantage of current events for marketing purposes as well as show how your product relates in some way by mentioning it in blog posts, social media posts, etc., without seeming like an advertisement.
Create Content That Stands Out From the Crowd
The web is full of content, so how can you make sure that your new website stands out from the crowd? Here are ten top tips:
1. Make sure your content is relevant and interesting. Nobody wants to read something that's boring or doesn't offer anything new.
2. Write in a clear and concise manner. No one likes wading through pages of text, so make sure your content is easy to read.
3. Use headings and subheadings to break up your text and make it easier to scan.
4. Use images, infographics, and videos to add visual interest to your site.
5. Take advantage of social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to promote your website.
Use Press Releases
- Use a strong verb (i.e., launch).
- Use numbers if possible (i.e., 7-part online course).
- Avoid common terms like launching unless you're launching something different (e.g., social network).
- Remember to include keywords for search engine optimization so that people will find your post when they Google topics related to what you're writing about.
Leverage Traffic From Other Websites
1. Find popular websites in your niche and see if they have any guest blogging opportunities.
This can be a great way to get your name and website out there in front of a new audience.
2. See if you can get featured on any other websites or online directories.
This can help to increase your website's visibility and draw new visitors.
3. Make use of social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to promote your website.
Be sure to post interesting content that will get people talking and share it with as many people as possible.
4. Use paid advertising to reach new audiences who might not be aware of your website otherwise.
Google AdWords and Facebook Ads are both effective options that can target specific demographics with laser precision.
If you don't want to pay for advertising then consider using a free service like Reddit instead.
Reddit is an online community made up of different boards called subreddits, which cover all sorts of topics from cooking to cars and everything in between.
Find the appropriate subreddit for your industry and start posting useful links back to your site along with valuable discussion about the topic at hand.
You'll soon find that this one-way communication is an excellent strategy for generating traffic back to your site organically.
Remember SEO (Search Engine Optimization)!
SEO is critical for promoting a new website. Without it, your site will be lost among the millions of other sites on the web.
But where do you start? Here are 10 top tips to get you started
1) Use keywords in your meta title and description.
2) Place keywords at the beginning of your headline and subheadings.
3) Include keywords in the first sentence or two of each paragraph.
4) Include relevant keywords in links within text so that they're easier to find by search engines and readers alike (e.g., Find out more about our services at ).
5) Create an RSS feed with a unique headline, summary, and link back to your website (e.g.,
Stay up-to-date with our latest news Read more about us) that includes keywords in its feed icon, feed description, and posts themselves.
6) Produce good quality content on a regular basis to build traffic.
7) Optimize all images for speed and size before uploading them to your site.
8) Share your content with social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn as well as bookmarking websites like StumbleUpon.
9) Add images from sources such as Flickr Creative Commons in order to give the page some visual appeal and make sure not to overuse them otherwise this can result in slow loading times which can have negative effects on SEO too!
10) Write clear headlines and summaries for blog posts so that readers know what to expect when clicking through.